TEETH WHITENING IN CENTRAL PHOENIX, AZ
Your smile is your trademark and the first impression people have of you. What better way to create a younger, more inviting look than with a bright, white smile? But over time, our teeth start to lose the whiteness and brightness of our youth. Central Phoenix Smiles offers professional teeth whitening for a more youthful, beautiful smile.
What causes teeth to become less white
Some of the most common lifestyle, medical and environmental factors can affect the natural color of your teeth:
- Normal chewing can cause millions of micro cracks in the enamel. These cracks over time get deeper and more stained, leading to yellowing and dull looking teeth.
- Coffee, tea and red wine contain color pigments that stain the enamel.
- Tar and nicotine in tobacco are natural stains.
- After years of brushing our teeth, the outer enamel gets thinner and allows the soft, yellowish dentin inside to show through.
- Injuries to teeth may cause the teeth to lay down more dentin, the yellowish layers inside the tooth.
- Antihistamines, antipsychotics and high blood pressure medications can cause teeth to darken, as can chemotherapy and head and neck radiation.
- Babies exposed to antibiotics, even in the womb, may have discolored adult teeth.
Benefits of professional whitening
Our teeth whitening procedure helps to remove stains and clean up the enamel in as little as 90 minutes. A special whitening laser lamp safely enhances the effectiveness of the peroxide cleansers and provides long lasting results. Our Phoenix, AZ, dentist is specially trained to use this medically proven technique that will not harm your gums or erode the tooth enamel.
While store brought products are less expensive than professional whitening treatments, they also come with more risks and less reward. Here are just some of the benefits of using our professional teeth whitening treatment:
- Longer lasting. Professional whitening uses stronger products for longer-lasting results only available under the supervision of a trained dentist. For safety reasons, store-bought products cannot provide the same deep teeth whitening.
- Faster results. Store-bought teeth whitening systems take a long time for you to see the results. With professional teeth whitening, you can see a few shades difference in just one visit.
- Better results. Professional teeth whitening uses a stronger, more effective product that offers substantially better and longer-lasting whitening results than you will see with store-bought products.
- Less pain and sensitivity. Teeth whitening products can cause teeth and gum sensitivity that can last long after you’ve stopped using the product if not applied correctly. This is a common problem with store-bought products
Keep in mind that teeth whitening will not work on crowns, veneers, fillings or caps. If you’re going to have a restorative or cosmetic dental treatment in Phoenix, AZ, have your teeth whitened first so the treated tooth can be color matched to your newly whitened teeth.
You’ll be amazed at how beautiful your teeth can look with professional teeth whitening at Central Phoenix Smiles!
Ready to experience dentistry at its best? Call Central Phoenix Smiles today to schedule your appointment: 602-277-2333.