DENTAL IMPLANTS IN CENTRAL PHOENIX, AZ
When a tooth has been knocked out, or if it’s cracked or broken and must be extracted, the only solution in the past was a bridge or partial. This meant prepping the adjacent teeth to attach the new teeth, which sometimes created other problems. Today, technology has discovered a new way to transplant a tooth using a dental implant.
How dental implants work
When a titanium post is implanted in the root, the titanium fuses with the jawbone. This creates a strong root to attach a replacement tooth or bridge. Because the post has become part of the jawbone, a dental implant can last a lifetime when cared for properly. Dental implant technology can help preserve jawbone strength while providing more comfort and a natural-looking smile.
Dental implant process
Usually, the dental implant process has three steps:
- The implant is surgically implanted into the jawbone.
- Over a period of time the jawbone actually heals painlessly around the implant to hold it strongly in place.
- A customized tooth is designed with the right size, shape and color to blend in with adjacent teeth and placed on the implant.
Benefits of dental implants
Our Phoenix, AZ, dentist will evaluate your teeth and determine if a dental implant will be a successful solution to the problem. With dental implants, you’ll experience:
- More comfort. Since dental implants look and feel natural, they can provide you with more natural comfort.
- Better speech. With dental implants, many patients find that they can speak better and more clearly.
- Improved appearance. Missing teeth can make the mouth and face look drawn and older. Central Phoenix Smiles will create natural looking teeth supported by the implant that make you look more approachable, younger and happier.
- Easier eating. Replacing teeth that cause pain when eating will make your life so much better. With dental implants, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite foods again.
- Unlike bridges, you won’t need to take your dental implants out every day. Care for them just like your natural teeth.
- Long lasting. Dental implants are designed to be very durable and long lasting. For people who take proper daily care of their teeth, the implants may last a lifetime.
Contact our Phoenix, AZ, dentist office to schedule a consultation and learn if dental implants are the solution to your dental health problem. Central Phoenix Smiles wants to help you smile again!
Ready to experience dentistry at its best? Call Central Phoenix Smiles today to schedule your appointment: 602-277-2333.
We’d love to meet you and become your devoted Phoenix, AZ,
cosmetic and family dentist!